Thursday, July 23, 2015

Popcorn by Frank Asch

This next book wasn't one that I read when I was little but I remember being very much into the Moonbear series.  Before I get to that, I'm going to show you another series that Asch wrote called Baby Bear Series.

Popcorn by Frank Asch (1979)

 Published by Parent's Magazine Press, this is a cute story about Baby Bear and his Halloween party.  As he invites all of his friends to his house, he tells each one to bring their favorite treat.  Little did he know that popcorn was ALL his friends favorite treat.
 Even with all those kernels, they are delighted to pop each and every single one that was brought over.  This brings out a dilemma when the house starts filling, top to bottom, with popcorn.


So you can only imagine what they have to do to get out of this.....I mean, there's only one thing you can do with popcorn.

The illustrations are true to Frank Asch's work.  They are similar to what you see in the Moonbear series.  Pretty basic but yet beautiful in a sense that it shows great color for the decade it was made in.
 And thanks to Lonnie J for allowing me to purchase this book so cheap at the thrift store.  I never erase names or scribble out inscriptions.  I think it's wonderful seeing how the book was used.

Is this book worth it.  Used, definitely and you can get this book pretty cheap.  I've seen this book several times in the thrift store so it's something you can possibly find there.  But if you want to save yourself some time, you can find it at Thriftbooks, which is the cheapest way.  You can click here to purchase:
Popcorn
by:
Frank Asch
$3.59
or you can purchase on Amazon for a bit more:

                                                                  

Just an FYI: If you want to purchase the 1979 edition (there are reprints of the book) it will cost you a bit more, probably around $10 or more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment