Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt

Oh, ...I don't even know where to begin with this book.  Let's just say, if I only had the option of buying this book new, I WOULD DO IT!

One of my most favorite newer children's book that I really think should be in every kid's library

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywelt

Can I just say HILARIOUS!  Yes, all caps, this deserves ALL CAPS!  

One day, a little boy who needs to do a project for school suddenly discovers his crayons are missing, but a box of notes are left from each one letting them now that they are on strike.

Each page features a crayon, his/her letter and a striking illustration next to it.  

Just like how you see above, the black is on strike cause he's tried of only being used for outlines and wants to be used for more happier objects.

Or how the gray crayon is tired of being used for such large animals and the yellow and orange crayons are in a fight of who is really the color of the sun.  

I love the illustrations and how they are so childish and seem so real to what the book is about.

I, as an adult, really enjoyed it.  I probably would have even purchased this book even if I didn't have kids.  I'm even scared that for my son to touch it cause I'm afraid he'll ruin it.  Does that make me a bad mom?  

This book can be purchased brand new on Amazon for about $10 with prime shipping, which is actually cheaper than buying the book used anywhere else.  Thriftbooks you are paying about $12-13 with shipping for this book and that's used.

Worth every penny!  Get it!  Your child will want to read it over and over...including yourself!

Click on the link below to purchase from Amazon:



UPDATE::::  The sequel to this book will be coming out in August.  It's called The Day the Crayons Came Home.  Can't wait!!  To pre-purchase this book (which I'm sure is going to be cheaper than buying it after it comes out)  click on the link below to Amazon:




No comments:

Post a Comment